Welcome to Cannamore Orchard
Enjoy family fun, apples, strawberries, pumpkins,
activities, and the acres of terror™… All in Ottawa!
Strawberries in June!
Cannamore Orchard, home of the renowned Spooky Wagon Ride™, has evolved from our commitment to consistently provide fun, affordable, family activities and quality products for 24 years. Depending on the season, Cannamore Orchard offers a delightful selection of pre-picked and ‘Pick Your Own’ (PYO) strawberries, apples and pumpkins, we are currently in Apple season.
In our Family Activity Area, which opens the first weekend in September, you will find: outdoor finger and patio stone mazes, a pipe maze, an indoor dark maze*, rainbow maze, many play structures for children, a sand box with toys and the picnic areas. Visit the animal corral and see our singing chickens! We also have a large pond where you can see fish, frogs, tadpoles and if you look very carefully a turtle! If you want to try something different visit our outdoor GIANT Hedge Mazes! They are a short walk to the third field or for those having an all inclusive bracelet, a cow train or wagon ride to the maze field. All of our activities are available on weekends beginning the start of September and continuing until Thanksgiving from 11:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. All inclusive bracelets, which include the pedal car track are available in the Orchard Store. All inclusive bracelets allow you to use all the facilities as many times as you wish, or you can purchase individual tickets for the duck race, museum, maze field, cow train or wagon ride.
The cost for an All Inclusive Bracelet is $10/person, Individual Tickets are $4 each, and kids 3 & under are free.
*Please note: Due to our new Escape Maze attraction, the Dark Maze is no longer available for use.
25th Anniversary for 2017!
The Spooky Wagon Ride has a new name, Acres of Terror! Please be patient while we switch everything over.
Fall of 2017 will welcome Acres of Terror’s 25th year in operation! We’re busy planning our 2017 season along with some special events for our 25th year!
We’re always looking for Sponsors! If your organization or business is interested in being part of our Spooktacular 25th celebration, please email Kerry Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Escape Maze – Now Hiring!
The Escape Maze at Cannamore Orchard now in its second year is a live action entertainment experience in the heart of the country. Cannamore Orchard is located ten minutes south of Embrun Ontario on County Road 32. Cannamore Orchard is looking to develop its team for the Summer/Fall 2017 season. If you are amazing, outgoing, and want to work in a fun and challenging environment, please submit your resume and cover letter to us.
Job Description: We are looking to hire part-time Escape Maze Game Masters who will work as a team of two to operate the Escape Maze and make the customers experience a memorable and unforgettable one!
- Greet Guests and manage the check-in experience
- Brief Guests on Concept, Guidelines, Rules and Safety
- Monitor Escape Maze sessions via a CCTV monitor and communications equipment
- Keep track of game play time
- Provide quick and clear clues when requested
- Ensure all props and clues are returned at the end of game play
- Complete a quick debrief with players after the game has ended
- Engage guests and ensure a first-class entertainment experience
- Taking a group photo and posting to Cannamore Orchards Facebook Page
- Completing speedy room resets between sessions
- Make minor repairs and modifications to set props
- Record Keeping
- House Keeping, Organization of work area and cleaning
Job Requirements: The ideal candidate will offer the following:
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Excellent Communication Skills (Bilingual preferred)
- Some hospitality, customer service or theatre experience
- Ability to dazzle and charm
- Ability to work well as a team and with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends (Thursday – Sunday)
- Must have knowledge of computers, tablets and smart phones
- Must be good at taking photos and posting to Facebook
- Must be flexible with hours
- First Aid & CPR training
- Have played Escape Rooms before, or have a good knowledge of the concept
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Orchard
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled rustic environment
- Mandatory training in late May
- Jun 10 – Sep 26 (Friday & Saturday Evenings, 10 hours/week)
- Sep 1 – Oct 8 (Friday Evening, Saturday Day/Evening, 15 hours/week)
- Oct 13 – Oct 29 (Thursday Evening, Saturday Day/Evening, Sunday 20-25 hours/week)
- Hourly Rate $12
Interested applicants should send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Wednesday May 10th, 2017
- All in a "Deere's" work! #cannamoreorchard #train #johndeere fb.me/6Zwz8CmOx
3 days ago
- All in a "Deere's" work! #cannamoreorchard #train #johndeere @ Cannamore Orchard instagram.com/p/BTPTU0lByCv/
3 days ago
- Cleaning up some winter damage in the forest/along the Acres of Terror route. #cannamoreorchard #acresofterror... fb.me/7N5Mtjrsc
4 days ago
- Cleaning up some winter damage in the forest/along the Acres of Terror route. #cannamoreorchard… instagram.com/p/BTM_uh6BrWS/
4 days ago