Acres of Terror
formerly The Spooky Wagon Ride
Never has fear, been so much fun!
Acres of Terror, previously known as “The Spooky Wagon Ride” – Celebrating 27 years of Terror!
Cannamore Orchard welcomes you to our 27th year of Acres of Terror, Eastern Ontario’s most terrifying Halloween attraction, where the only thing that isn’t terrifying is the price! We are proud to present this in co-operation with the students from St. Francis Xavier High School Band from Hammond.
AOT Night Dates (7-10pm): Sept. 27-28, Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-30.
AOT Day Dates (12-4pm): Oct. 12-13, 19-20, 26-27.
Acres of Terror has four main components:
- The Spooky Wagon Ride
- A tractor pulled wagon ride on our 60 acre property narrated by a real witch or warlock. This is a one of a kind wagon ride in Eastern Ontario where your wagon narrator and various real human actors will interact with you along the way. With over 30 real human actors and nine new scenes for the 2018 season, you never know what will happen around the next bend!
- House of Terror
- Fun House meets Haunted House, the best of both worlds! Quite simply the most terrifying experience you’ll ever endure. Packed full of real human actors you never know what will happen. Will you make it out alive, or will you become one of many souls present at Cannamore’s own cemetery?!
- Spooky Village
- The only one of its kind in North America and possibly the entire World! An interactive Halloween themed village with seven different houses featuring real human characters who will engage with you in different ways. For example: Shopping for a new coffin? Stop by the Coffin Makers House. Have a little extra blood to donate? Stop by the Vampires House. Interested in having your fortune told? Stop by the Fortune Tellers house, for a small cash donation which will go to the local food bank.
- Fog Maze
- Simple… An indoor maze pumped full of thick thick fog and heart pounding music! Will you and your friends find your way, or will one be snatched up by the fog creature along the way?!
Saturday and Sunday during the day are dedicated to families, younger children and those who get scared easily and don’t like it. Acres of Terror attractions will be toned right down and made kid friendly.
When planning your visit be aware that on busy Friday or Saturday nights the line up times for the House of Terror and the Spooky Wagon Ride can be over an hour long, we recommend arriving early and going on the Spooky Wagon Ride first.
We’re proud to be wheelchair accessible! All of our Acres of Terror attractions are wheelchair accessible. Please keep in mind that the terrain leading to each attraction is a gravel surface.
We accept Access 2 cards for people with permanent disabilities who require a support person. We will grant one free admission for the support person while the person with the disability pays the regular admission fee (must have valid access card). This helps ensure all individuals receive the support they need to participate in fun Halloween activities.
Acres of Terror may be canceled during inclement weather. If there is a chance of thunderstorms or high winds, please phone ahead to make sure we’re operational to 613-448-3633.
We want to give a special thank you to SDG Tourism for graciously sponsoring Acres of Terror.
- Raked the staw off the strawberry plants. Strawberries will be ready in June.
5 months ago
- Pruning continues. Here's a before and after shot.
5 months ago
- Our pick your own pumpkin patch is now closed. Pumpkins are available only at the front by the store.
11 months ago
- Acres of Terror continues this weekend Friday/Saturday from 7-10pm! We will also be running Sat/Sun from 12-4pm, be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
11 months ago
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.